About Attorney Nicole Gainey

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
Seattle Attorney, Nicole Gainey, founder of Gainey Law PLLC, represents Washington State employees who have been sexually harassed, discriminated against and wrongfully terminated in legal disputes against their employers. To date, she was litigated against employers large and small seeking justice for her clients.

Sunday, May 13, 2018

How do I know if I can trust my Attorney?

You don't. Like all relationships you should take the decision to hire an attorney seriously and do your due diligence before jumping in to what may prove to be a very long term relationship.

As a guideline this is the oath Washington Attorneys are bound by. If your attorney seems to be playing fast and lose with these rules from the get go find another attorney.

Washington State Oath of Attorney

I do solemnly declare:

1. I am fully subject to the laws of the State of Washington and the laws of the United States and will abide by the same.

2. I will support the constitution of the State of Washington and the constitution of the United States.

3. I will abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct approved by the Supreme Court of the State of Washington.

4. I will maintain the respect due to the courts of justice and judicial officers.

5. I will not counsel, or maintain any suit, or proceeding, which shall appear to me to be unjust, or any defense except as I believe to be honestly debatable under the law, unless it is in defense of a person charged with a public offense. I will employ for the purpose of maintaining the causes confided to me only those means consistent with truth and honor. I will never seek to mislead the judge or jury by any artifice or false statement.

6. I will maintain the confidence and preserve inviolate the secrets of my client, and will accept no compensation in connection with the business of my client unless this compensation is from or with the knowledge and approval of the client or with the approval of the court.

7. I will abstain from all offensive personalities, and advance no fact prejudicial to the honor or reputation of a party or witness unless required by the justice of the cause with which I am charged.

8. I will never reject, from any consideration personal to myself, the cause of the defenseless or oppressed, or delay unjustly the cause of any person.
Attorneys also answer to their state board and the Supreme court of the State. In Washington the Washington State Bar Associate. They are bound by a Professional Code of Conduct. These rules can be found here in their entirety. https://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/wa/code/WA_CODE.HTM    (if the link isn't active, please cut and paste into a new browser window.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recently Posted Gainey Employment Attorney

Workplace Bullying Project

          I just had the pleasure of meeting with the Workplace Bullying Project's founder Lauri Lilli. What a breathe of fresh air for ...